Top College Visit Questions
60 Questions To Ask on Your College Visit
Want to know what life’s really like at your dream school? Chat up the real experts on campus—the students.
When you visit colleges, make sure you talk with as many current students as you can. Ask them what they love and what bothers them most about their schools. This list of potential questions will help you spark some conversations with students on all your college visits, so you can find the college that fits you best.
College Visit Questions
- College Visit Questions must contain all the questions related to your Study, time, money, and environment you’ll get in the college.
- College Visit Questions must be curious and that curiosity should reflect on your face.
- Why did you choose this college?
- Are you happy here?
- What are your college’s strengths?
- What’s your #1 complaint about your college?
- What else could stand to be improved?s
How accessible are administrators, registrars, financial aid officers, etc.?
- What majors are popular?
- What departments or programs have the best reputations?
- What’s your favorite class?
- Are your professor’s good teachers?
- Do your professors hold office hours, and will they meet with you outside of class?
- Are most of your classes taught by professors or teaching assistants?
- Were you able to take most of your first-choice classes?
- Are your classes lecture-based or discussion-based?
- How much reading and writing is required in your courses?
- How often are collaborative work or group presentations required?
- How satisfied are you with academic advising?
- Do students use any on-campus tutoring programs or writing centers?
- How big are your classes?
- Does your major require an independent study or capstone project?
- Are professors available for research with students?
- Is it popular to study abroad?
- What’s it like to be a first-year student here?
- What’s a typical day like?
- How much time do students spend studying per week?
- What do you do when you’re not in class?
- What do you do on the weekends?
- What is the social scene like?
- What kinds of things are there to do in your school’s hometown?
- How’s the food?
- Do most students live on-campus?
- How are the dorms?
- Which clubs and student organizations are popular?
- Do lots of students belong to fraternities or sororities?
- What’s your favorite place on campus?
- Where do you like to study?
- What are the facilities like (science labs, libraries, theatres, gyms, etc.)?
- Are there enough computer labs?
- How is the WiFi on campus?
- Is it easy to get around campus?
- Are sports popular?
- Is there a lot of school spirit?
- How would you describe your fellow students?
- Are the students here friendly?
- What makes the student body unique?
- Is there diversity on campus?
- Are there many students from other countries?
- Do students of different races and classes interact easily?
- Are students cliquish?
- Are internships available? How do you find them?
- Is Career Services helpful?
- Do you have a mentor?
- Does your school have a co-op program?
- Are there opportunities to build leadership skills on campus?
- What options exist for service learning in the community?
- Do employers recruit students on campus?
- How easy is it to find summer jobs and other kinds of work through your school?
- Who are some of the notable graduates from your college?
- How visible is your school’s alumni association on campus?
- What kinds of hands-on or practical experiences have you had in and outside of the classroom?
To Read More Articles – Click Here